Our 3D rendering cost
▀ HOW MUCH OUR 3D RENDERING AND IMMERSIVE INTERACTIVE VISUALIZATION SERVICES COST? ▄
ABOUT OUR 3D RENDERING PRICING RANGE
3D Rendering pricing can range from 300€ for a 3D floor plan to 25,000€ for large skyscrappers 4K exterior and interior animation per minute. Adding interactivity will naturally increase the price. Immersive, interactive, 3D walkthroughs, our specialty, where the visitor can walk anywhere, is more expensive as it uses the latest technology and requires a very long and complex rendering in multiple servers.
Below the pricing table, we explain how we work and the rational behind the pricing of 3D rendering services. For additional information on Virtualytics Architectural Design Services pricing breakdown feel free to reach out by email or phone, especially if you have a large and complex building project.
If you are unfamiliar with our services offering below, we suggest you to read our 3D service pages split per category.
FACTORS EXPLAINING THE COST
1 – Labor cost is generally split in three categories: project management, the artist work (3D modeler, architect or interior designer involved) and the post-production.
- Project management ensures that the 3D artist understands well the plans and clients vision, check the final work, and is involved on internal feedbacks during the artist work. The project maanger is also communicating regularly with the client.
- The 3D artist(s) involved create the 3D model based on 2D plans, place the objects and apply material and texture according to the client style requirements or moodboard, set up the lighting and the camera(s) for rendering.
- The post-production phase consists on improving the image by finding overall balance between constrast, tone and to reflect the client vision. Photoshop tools are mostly common. For animation, after effect transitions are also added on top to the raw animation as well as a soundtrack.
2 – Computing time cost vary due to many factors:
- The construction type (single apartment, condominium, skyscrapper, commercial office …) is the main factor as the rendering and workload is proportional to the volume/surface.
- The second factor is the choice between exterior vs interior 3D rendering. Interior renderings are more expensive as we add more furniture, and furniture can be customized to match the needs of the client. 3D modeling of a single object that is unique can cost between 200€ and several thousands. Generally we use libraries to lower the cost so it becomes marginal for the client.
- The environment complexity is also a factor such as adding photorealistic people, neighborhood, weather, daylight with exact geopositioning of the sun.
- The level of detail and the number of unique elements required such as the quality of the furniture, wall, windows, floor, landscape, and the consistency in the interior design style.
- Options such as day/night variations, seasonal changes can add-up on the price.
- Last but not least, the image resolution. We always focus in photorealistic rendering, and deliver in highest resolution for desktop (4K to 8K), and standard (720px) to HD (1080px) format for mobile and tablets.
3 – Capital investment amortization:
Architects or 3D design studio invest in very expensive software, plugins and libraries as well as computers and farm renderers. This comes to a fixed and variable cost that needs to be reflected in the final rendering price.
To keep us an edge, we constantly invest in material and texture libraries, software, plugins and fast computers. We keep us constantly updated with the latest trend to offer the most recent technology to our clients.
4 – Company operational margin:
This mostly depends on the recognition of the company by its peers, its history, its network power and the additional cost factors to consider when running a company such as taxes, office space renting and miscellaneous expenses.
3D Rendering Services Pricing Table
Timeframe (business days)
Est. price min. (€)
Est. price max. (€)
Get more info
Residential Exterior Rendering - small scale
Residential Exterior Rendering - medium scale
Residential Exterior Rendering - large scale
Residential Interior Rendering
Commercial Interior Rendering
Commercial Exterior Rendering - medium scale
Commercial Exterior Rendering - large scale
Aerial/drone view of a building with neighborhood inclusion
3D Floor Plan (per floor)
Interactive 3D Floor Plan (per floor)
Animations (per min. and unit*)
Immersive Interactive Walkthroughs
* one unit can be a studio, an apartment or a full house.
▀ ABOUT THE TIMEFRAME
WHAT IS THE PROCESS WORKFLOW? ▄
The workload can be split in 5 parts:
- The project management,
- The 3D rendering job done by a 3D artist,
- The rendering time done by a computer or server pools (called farm rendering), and
- The post-production work.
- Revisions with the client
We will focus on the three main critical factors that increase delivery tilme: the 3D rendering job, rendering time and revisions with the client.
WHAT COULD INCREASE THE 3D ARTISTS DELIVERY TIMELINE?
The time to delivery is not always obvious. The level of details and objects involved in the 3D rendering can increase exponentially the timeframe; a simple image of a device could take longer to model than a large complex building where many props and sets exist.
3D artists have at their disposal thousands of 3D models, materials and texture depending on how much they invested on it. We always focus on getting the largest library possible with time and have a high standard to consider only photorealistic and high detailed objects. We also have medium range objects to lower the cost of the project. The client always get a clear understanding of what to expect.
Other rare factors could also impose delays such as bandwith limitations, compatibilities between software, plugins and importation of external objects to the 3D scene. Highly detailed assets are generally heavy in memory size due to lots of polygons involved.
WHAT AFFECTS THE RENDERING TIME?
A computer needs to make a lot of mathematical calculation to render an image. It will depend on the complexity of the scene and ligthning sources. Cameras are used using typical characteristics of real cameras.
Techniques can be used to lower the complexity of the scene in landscaping.
Reducing rendering time can be done via more expensive GPU or CPU but this will increase the capital amortization cost over time.
Finally, animations take much more time than images to be rendered as they depend on the number of images per frame. This could have an impact on the rendering time.
The number of revisions may affect the final delivery time. That is why generally up to 3 revisions are included in typical projects and additional revisions have to be paid by the client.
Revisions should only bring small changes if the 3D design studio respected the initial requirements. This why the onboarding phase is an important step of the project management; making sure the client and the architect or design studio are aligned.
Returning clients get discounts as they already know how we work and the interactivity is generally more efficient.
GET A FREE QUOTE
Please fill in the details below and we will get back to you shortly.